Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 40 weeks
Rate: £500 per day
Location: Remote, UK
Job Type: Contract
Engagement Type: BI Senior Analyst Programmer (SAP / Oracle)
Description: Joining the Business Intelligence department as Senior Analyst Programmer youâll be given the opportunity to demonstrate your expertise in analysing user requirements, design and build technical solutions which satisfy customer needs and priorities. Working on development and alteration of the core BI system, publishing layers and in-house and 3rd party transmittals. Including database design and modelling, ETL transformation and working with data sources in various formats (e.g. Oracle, SQL, ODI SAP DS, Guidewire DataHub with knowledge of PolicyCentre and BillingCentre a bonus). Complete work to high standards of quality and performance. Delivered within agreed timescales.
Minimum Years Experience: 5 Years
Key Skills Required:
– Individuals will be used to working as part of an external/internal virtual team or alone as required by priorities. Such individuals will be competent at working with ambiguity and have a natural leadership ability to set technical direction as required.
– Ability to work in a collaborative and energetic environment with other technology and business disciplines.
– Strong business analysis and technical software development skills are required in the translation of business requirements into real deliverables.
– Experience in SAP DS and knowledge of Guidewire products, predominantly DataHub, but also benefitting for PolicyCentre and BillingCentre knowledge.
– Experience in both Oracle and in the ETL tool ODI.
– Very significant experience in ORACLE dominated software development environments with material exposure in all of the following areas; Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, Linux/Unix.
Key Areas Of Responsibility:
– Analyse business requirements and contribute to the artefacts produced in MI solution deliveries.
– Contribute to the Solution Outline and Design documents produced for MI solutions.
– Deliver solutions in line with the direction set by Design Authority Board.
– Code and amend multiple and complex changes with due consideration of maintenance issues.
– Ensure solutions are to the required quality and ensure that all performance, capacity and security considerations are considered in all developed designs and solutions.
– Ensure high performance of all developed code and systems is of paramount importance.
– Unit test changes to the system including design and execution of a complex, documented test plan.
– Ensure successful implementation of complex changes into production including checking results.
– To progress problems, including those outside own area of expertise by reference to procedures and/or precedents, or in the absence of tried and tested procedures and precedents, through to successful implementation of solution.
– To enforce company standards, quality assurance process and system documentation.
– Provide support to other members of the team.