Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 26 weeks
Rate: $USD83 per Hour
Location: Remote, USA
Job Type: Contract
Engagement Type: Administration and Deployment
Description: The Platform Specialist will work as part of the Platform Services team to administer and support Kubernetes, Containers and other associated tasks.
Minimum Years Experience: 5 Years
Key Skills Required:
– Experience supporting a large enterprise environment in a 24×7 high availability scenario and proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux, Container and Kubernetes based environments.
– Minimum 2 year of experience managing and deploying Kubernetes environments.
– Demonstrated experience in container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) and deploying Kubernetes environments.
– Minimum of 2 years of experience with CICD pipelines (i.e. Jenkins, Gitlab, or other tools) with building and/or configuring pipelines for build and deployment of software preferred.
– CKA (Certified Kubemetes Admin) certification is preferred.
5 Areas of Responsibility:
– Rancher Kubernetes and Longhorn administration and design.
– Ensure uptime and reliable performance of all critical production systems.
– Maintain security best practices, backup, and redundancy strategies.
– Leverage automation and new technologies to increase productivity and performance.
– Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.